an online drop-in class
wednesday mornings in july and august
9:00am-10:30am (pacific daylight time)
12:00pm new york | central european time 18:00 | london 17:00
please wherever you are check the world clock to ensure the correct start time where you are (the class is seattle time PDT): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock
pay by donation. suggested donation is $10-$20/class. no one is turned away for lack of funds.
“my heart is so open
i can’t tell
if it is a gaping wound
or a portal
for everything that ever was and ever will be“
danielle la porte
to weave is to make a complex story or pattern from a number of interconnected elements. on these drop-in wednesdays (july & august) you will be invited to unwind the habits and constructs that confine and contain your growing edge. leaning into curiosity and marvel as our allies, let’s reclaim and rework the ever-present awe that lives just beneath the despair and may be a doorway to our dreams.
all of the usual suspects will be on board: movement and music, playing and praying, fears and courage, belonging and separation. your guides will be different each week; a rotation of michael molin-skelton, carmen tarifa, kate-marie mutsaers and michael zipkin. each will offer their unique voice to enhance the symphony of the body choir.
drop in when you feel called, stop in when you are moved, hop in, bop in, pop in… just don’t photo-shop yourself in
let’s start with this invitational question: how long have you been waiting…and what have you been waiting for?
register for the august 31st class below.
michael, mikey z, carmen and kate-marie will be teaching together on august 31st.
suggested price $10-20$. no one is turned away for lack of funds.
if you are experiencing any problem registering for class, we apologies and please email us here and we are happy help you. if you have problem registering it might be that you have an outdated website browser. please use the latest version of either google chrome or safari, (you might also need to clear your website browser cache.)
please wherever you are check the world clock to ensure the correct start time where you are (the class is Seattle time PT): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the class. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering our dance on a sliding scale donation basis. our suggested donation is $10-20+. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
to select your price and pay please click on the image above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 9:00am (PT). please stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.