a 2 part immersion with michael
may 20th-23rd & october 14th-17th, 2021
soul motion: the way of the moving mystic with michael is an intermediate-level program open to all who have movement experience. this is an online immersion.
the desire of monks and mystics is not unlike that of artists: to perceive the extraordinary within the ordinary by changing not the world, but the eyes that look… to form the intention of new awareness is already to transform and be transformed – jane hirshfield
as somatic practitioners, we continue to unfold and learn within the tradition of conscious dance as a metaphor for understanding the alchemy of our everyday lives.
this is an invitation to stand together, to move together and to pray together through the somatic practices of soul motion, into the wide and open arms of the mystery. let’s use our curiosity and questioning to guide us into the void. a quest of gathering information, so that we may ‘avoid’ the pitfalls of limiting beliefs and assumptions. let’s move beyond the confines of the seen, into the realms of the invisible and unseen. firmly rooted in the soma and the ground beneath our feet, insight, intuition and premonition will be our portal into the unknown.
“mysticism is the practice of seeking the unknown while recognizing that the unknown is not altogether knowable and perhaps sharing the experience with others (or not). to live close to the unknown and then find beauty and ease in it is, indeed, a healthy spirituality. a mystic is a teacher, who shines in such a way, as to cause the open-minded to question his, her or their own ‘perceptions’ or assumptions about knowing, about what is knowable, and about why we insist on knowing to the point of self-destruction (nuclear combustion being the great example)”.
our path is to continue to open and receive the wisdom of the body’s wanderings and wonderings. this program takes the next step in receiving and recovering the somatic resources available to us through movement, ritual, poetry, nature, journaling, prayer, art, and the dynamics of tending space with altars.
this is an online two-part series, to be completed together. there will also be online content with group interactions between sessions.
price for the 2 part immersion: $450
other price options: sponsor price: $500; scholarship: $325; hardship: $200
sponsor – helps someone else attend
scholarship – if you are financially challenged
hardship – if you have no income or lost your job. limited to 10 spaces.
no one will be turned away for lack of funds. if you need additional financial assistance, please contact us.
for more info or questions contact anneli & michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-839-3187.
the music we are playing is covered under music licenses through madrona mindbody.
THE SMALL PRINT
cancellation before may 10th will be refunded minus a small admin fee. all payments become non-refundable on may 11th, 2021 unless your space can be filled by someone else.
you will receive the zoom link twice. once in the registration confirmation that is sent to the email address you are registering with immediately after you have registered, as well as in the class reminder email that we send out closer to class. these emails are sent from us(at)movements-matter.com. please add this email address to your contacts to ensure that the email does not end up in your spam folder.
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the series. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering this series with 4 pay options. $450, $500, $325, $200.
to select your price and pay, please click on one of the images above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 9:00am (pt). please be there no later than 9:15 (10 minutes early is preferred), and stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.