an online new year’s workshop with michael
december 31, 2021 and january 1st, 2022
9:00am-1:00pm (PST) both days.
12pm-4pm new york | central european time 18:00-22:00 | london 17:00-21:00
tend: to look after; watch over and care for; minister to or wait on with service.
endings and beginnings are significant thresholds which rightfully call out for our engagement. but there is a silent space, a stillpoint in between, which quietly whispers to be cradled and nurtured. to tend requires an exquisite gentleness and uncompromising softness. a rare kindness and compassion that we may never have given ourselves permission to receive and embody before. it is a balm that soothes our aching wounds and awakens us to the intimate interior that awaits within.
in our gathering we will celebrate the endings and beginnings of the old and new year with movement, story, witnessing and ritual. and you will be invited to tend the empty place, to tend the gap where all possibilities exist in repose. in that gap betwixt and between our ceremonies, let’s listen to the quiet amidst our movement feasts. you will be invited to inhale…. exhale…. and repeat….. to move at the speed of self-care. plant seeds of grace in the silence. offer yourself time and space to pause within your body and listen deeply to what is now rather than what is next or what is no longer.
our workshop hours will be 9:00am-1:00pm friday, december 31 and 9:00am-1:00pm saturday, january 1st. our retreat will be the the 20 hours in between our circles, where you will be encouraged to tend and minister yourself; body, heart, mind and spirit. to linger and luxuriate at the stillpoint, to bathe in the hum that reminds us of our shared humanity and lean into the wild and colorful thrum that connects us all.
sources: gina m. puorro and rosemerry wahtola trommer
Price for the workshop: $90
other price options: sponsor price: $120; scholarship: $70; hardship: $45
sponsor – helps someone else attend
scholarship – if you are financially challenged
hardship – if you have no income or lost your job. limited to 10 spaces.
no one will be turned away for lack of funds. if you need additional financial assistance, please contact us.
for more info or questions contact anneli & michael at email@example.com or 310-839-3187.
the music we are playing is covered under music licenses through madrona mindbody.
THE SMALL PRINT
cancellation before december 24th will be refunded minus a small admin fee. all payments become non-refundable on december 25th, 2021 unless your space can be filled by someone else.
you will receive the zoom link twice. once in the registration confirmation that is sent to the email address you are registering with immediately after you have registered, as well as in the class reminder email that we send out closer to class. these emails are sent from us(at)movements-matter.com. please add this email address to your contacts to ensure that the email does not end up in your spam folder.
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the series. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering this immersion with 4 pay options. $90, $120, $70, $45.
to select your price and pay, please click on one of the images above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 9:00am (pst). please be there no later than 9:15 (10 minutes early is preferred), and stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.