an online 8 week committed series with michael
wednesdays september 28, october 5, 12, 19 & 26 and november 2, 9 and 16, 2022 at 9:00am-11:00am (pacific time)
12:00pm new york | central european time 18:00 | london 17:00
TIME CHANGE IN THE US NOVEMBER 6th. NOVEMBER 9 and 16 WILL BE DIFFERENT TIMES IN EUROPE. PLEASE CHECK HERE FOR YOU LOCAL TIME: (the class is seattle time PDT): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
“beauty will dance with anyone
who is brave enough to ask her”
j. ruth gendler
living in a time of staggering crisis—personal, relational, social, environmental—we are often left vacant and numbed or overwhelmed and consumed by what’s wrong, ugly, distasteful, out of sync. despair seems to be the currency of our global pandemic, with a stranglehold on our hopes and dreams.
what if our willingness to source and celebrate beauty makes more beauty possible. what if any act of kindness, kissing a child’s scraped knee, smiling at a stranger, drinking in the scent of a flower, plants the seeds for more beauty and love to bloom in the world. let’s attend to the soil of our lives, inner and outer, to accumulate and cultivate the seeds of simple beauty.
through the lens of curiosity, wonder and awe, we will use movement, poetry, art, witnessing and ritual to hone our hearts and sing to our souls, the potent and powerful healing and unifying qualities of diverse and unique beauty.
price for the series: $160
other price options: sponsor price: $220; scholarship: $100; hardship: $50
sponsor – helps someone else attend
scholarship – if you are financially challenged
hardship – if you have no income or lost your job. limited to 6 spaces.
no one will be turned away for lack of funds. if you need additional financial assistance, please contact us.
for more info or questions contact anneli & michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-839-3187.
the music we are playing is covered under music licenses through madrona mindbody.
if you are experiencing any problem registering for class, we apologies and please email us here and we are happy help you. if you have problem registering it might be that you have an outdated website browser. please use the latest version of either google chrome or safari, (you might also need to clear your website browser cache.)
THE SMALL PRINT
cancellation before september 21, 2022 will be refunded minus a small admin fee. all payments become non-refundable on september 22, 2022 unless your space can be filled by someone else.
you will receive the zoom link twice. once in the registration confirmation that is sent to the email address you are registering with immediately after you have registered, as well as in the class reminder email that we send out closer to class. these emails are sent from us(at)movements-matter.com. please add this email address to your contacts to ensure that the email does not end up in your spam folder.
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the series. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering this series with 4 pay options. $160, $220, $100, $50.
to select your price and pay, please click on one of the images above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 9:00am (pt). please be there no later than 9:15 (10 minutes early is preferred), and stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.