soul motion®: prayers made visible online class – around the world every sunday
10:00am-11:30am (pacific time)
1:00pm new york | central european time 19:00 | london 18:00
(until further notice)
a 90 minute online soul motion® conscious movement class with michael.
pay by donation. suggested donation is $10-$20/class. no one is turned away for lack of funds.
in solidarity and hope, we will be dancing together: moving with our truths and allowing us all to shine.
“ritual is the routine infused with mindfulness. it is habit made holy.” ritual is the unspoken language of the soul. it is embodied prayer. with commitment and intention ritual has the capacity to alter time and expand consciousness. as we dance through the doorway of ritual we will enter into sacred time to remember and re-create; remember our souls purpose and re-create ourselves in that whole and holy image.
from the beginning of time ritual has been used to face the unknown and confront forces beyond our control. in this class we will use the platforms of soul motion and the power of ritual to embody presence, cultivate circular awareness and become a source of inspiration. we will dance alone, in communion, in community and into our every day dance journey from birth to death; the common ritual we call life.
the music we are playing is covered under music licenses through madrona mindbody.
please let us know if you do not want to be added to our email list when you are registering. you will automatically be added to our email list when you register for class.
register for september 19th class below.
please wherever you are check the world clock to ensure the correct start time where you are (the class is Seattle time PT): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
online class – prayers made visible september 19th
“thank you michael so much for such an inspiring experience. i was so moved at various times….i am struggling to find words to express how deeply touched i was by the authenticity and love in the group, my heart and body felt so welcomed and at home in this new and an unusual experience for me and so i am still trying to process it all. i feel so privileged that you offer such a sacred loving space with such beautiful music, poetry, people and various offerings from the group…and that i am deemed worthy enough to join you! so amazing!!”
“thank you so much for another so lovely class. i’ve been moving with you since the beginning of the year and its been just wonderful to be more in touch with my body and movement. i feel a sense of fluidity /flow making its way into all aspects of my life. such gratitude.”
“i have prayed with you on two sundays. that connection has been transformative for me, no, it is supporting the transformation that is going on inside of me and of which i am part. in reading your messages, in dancing your prayer I feel so much inspired, supported, nourished, cherished, invited to open my heart. this is a very big gift. i thank you with a very deep bow from the bottom of my heart.”
“i want to thank you both for the amazing space you hold. i can find my dance when I dance with you. i’m forever grateful for your help in reuniting us. “
“i live alone and I needed to feel connected body and soul. after your class I felt alive and lighter, less vulnerable to the present circumstances, as well as connected. thank you!”
“thank you so much for the beautiful class. it helped me so much to release my fears in the powerful embrace of the dance. ”
“my analyst suggested a movement practice might be really beneficial for me and it has! i just wanted to say thank you for making such a wonderful space in dark times.”
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the class. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering our dance on a sliding scale donation basis. our suggested donation is $10-20+. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
to select your price and pay please click on the image above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 10:00. please stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.