a two part workshop with michael molin-skelton and zebith thalden
saturday august 20 & 27 at 9:00am-1:00pm (pacific daylight time)
12:00pm new york | central european time 18:00 | london 17:00
we all know that art is not truth…
art is a lie
that makes us realize truth.
the art of being human is filled with light and shadow, sound and silence, movement and pause. each of us is composed of faults and fissures, faith and doubt, awes and flaws. we are a tribe of unfinished symphonies, incomplete stories and unadorned sculptures. when the truth of who you are is revealed, our frame becomes too small to define and defeat us.
if it is time for what has been hidden and forbidden to be revealed and expressed, to stretch beyond the edge of comfort, the white page awaits your arrival. by intersecting movement and art, we will encourage your deepest self to become visible in shape and color, gesture and symbol. this is a call to step onto the empty dance floor, unfurl onto the blank canvas and articulate the artistry of living muse in your every day.
Price for the series: $110
other price options: sponsor price: $140; scholarship: $80; hardship: $50
sponsor – helps someone else attend
scholarship – if you are financially challenged
hardship – if you have no income or lost your job. limited to 6 spaces.
no one will be turned away for lack of funds. if you need additional financial assistance, please contact us.
for more info or questions contact anneli & michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-839-3187.
the music we are playing is covered under music licenses through madrona mindbody.
registration is closed
learn more about michael
here are a few things that I hold sacred:
the love of my life – anneli
the miracle of that love – jaylan
friends that cherish and challenge me
hugs (even more now than ever)
dancing alone, dancing with you
truth (it’s complicated)
learn more about zebith
zebith thalden has taught creativity for over 20 years, exhibits her own artwork internationally, and has been an artist-in-residence at multiple locations. she began her movement practice in 2005 and has been greatly influenced by conscious dance, contact improv., and butoh. in her workshops and through interdisciplinary collaboration, she hopes to inspire deep engagement in the arts and connection through courageous visual expression.
THE SMALL PRINT
cancellation before august 12th will be refunded minus a small admin fee. all payments become non-refundable on august 13th, 2022 unless your space can be filled by someone else.
you will receive the zoom link twice. once in the registration confirmation that is sent to the email address you are registering with immediately after you have registered, as well as in the class reminder email that we send out closer to class. these emails are sent from us(at)movements-matter.com. please add this email address to your contacts to ensure that the email does not end up in your spam folder.
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the series. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
how much does it cost?
we are offering this series with 4 pay options. $110, $140, $80, $50.
to select your price and pay, please click on one of the images above.
will it be recorded?
no, the class will not be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 9:00am (pdt). please be there no later than 9:15 (10 minutes early is preferred), and stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.