dance online ukraine fundraiser
please join us as we raise funds for the families of the ukraine.
a fundraiser for the Ukraine.
let’s come together in ceremony, in praise and prayer of beauty and the possibility of peace, to put an end to the horrors currently being inflicted on the ukrainian people. this sacred circle is to raise awareness and funds, all of which will be donated to help ukrainian families currently under the siege of war.
all proceeds will go to two organizations that support the ukraine families during this time.
join us and help make a difference.
1:00pm new york | central european time 18:00 | london 17:00
REMEMBER USA CLOCKS HAVE SPRUNG FORWARD 1 HOUR MARCH 13TH.
please wherever you are check the world clock to ensure the correct start time where you are (the class is seattle time PDT): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
this class will be recorded (only the speaker view) as one of our movements matter outreach projects to spread the dance further into the world.we hope you will join us.
online saturday march 26th from 10:00-11:30am (PDT)
we will gather online to move, dance our prayers for peace and to be in community.
our desire is to raise funds to the families in the ukraine. any donation is very welcomed and appreciated.
make a donation below.
how this works
what do I need to take an online class?
we will use a platform called zoom. you’ll need a computer, ipad or iphone, and a good internet connection.
- download the zoom app here. It is painless, fast, and free.
- if you have a computer, choose that over the iPad or iPhone. not only will the sound be better but also you can interact more and see more of others.
- if you can, connect your computer/phone to an external speaker for better sound quality.
- make some space to dance. if you are in a shared space, find a room to yourself so you can dance un-self consciously. or invite your housemates and/or family to join you. minimize distractions (doorbell/ email/ phone/household appliances/TV) so that you can be as present as possible.
- wear comfortable clothes to move in and have your water bottle nearby.
how do I join online?
you will receive an email with the zoom room information when you pay for the class. the zoom information is included in the receipt that is emailed to you once you have paid for the class. please do not share this link and zoom information with anyone else since we want to ensure that the people who are registering for the class will be able to attend.
will it be recorded?
yes, this class will be recorded.
what time does the dance start?
dance starts at 10:00. please stay to the end of the session. your presence really makes a difference.
some helpful features of Zoom
- speaker view and grid/gallery view – you can toggle between the two to see the difference. grid view is recommended when we’re dancing, so we see and get inspired by each other.
- the ability to MUTE AND UNMUTE – when you are on ‘mute’ it reduces feedback that can occur. it also means you can make as much noise as you want. the host and co- hosts can mute and unmute everyone.
- the ability to have your CAMERA OFF AND ON. keep it on as it helps build connection. your presence matters!
- the CHAT feature – via the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the bottom bar. if you are having technical problems, this is the place to go.
- the ability to NAME YOURSELF if you haven’t already – click the three dots in your own window.
thank you lori saltzman and kathy altman, sarah davis and zuza engler as well as all OFI working members for the guidelines of how this works.